Tourism Merritt is pleased to partner with the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC and is now able to offer the Rod Loan Program. These are available at the Baillie House Information Booth starting December 2016. The Rod Loan Program gives the opportunity to those looking to fish, but may not have their own equipment, the chance to fish. The special focus of this program is aimed towards families to encourage an interest in fishing with a new generation.
For More Information click HERE
The 2017 Winter Leisure Guide is now available! Click the cover above to view the leisure guide or you can pick a hard copy up at one of the city facilities throughout town.
Learn what is happening for activities and events and how you can be involved today!
For the most up-to-date community event calendar, visit http://tourismmerritt.com/events
The City of Merritt is looking for your best photos in our Winter Photo Contest!
Submit your scenic photos of winter in the Nicola Valley, or your favorite seasonal festivities around Merritt. The Grand Prize is a handmade gift basket donated by the Baillie House. Makes a great Christmas present or a special treat for yourself this season!
Two Ways to Enter
2. Find us on social media. Then add your photo and information in the comment section of the Winter Photo Contest post
* NOTE: Optimal photo size for uploading: 1200 x 800px, 72DPI, under 5MB
Please be sure to submit your photos by 12:00 noon on December 14, 2016. The top 5 photos will be selected and posted on Tourism Merritt’s Facebook page. As well if you are not on Facebook we will have the top 5 photos on display at the Baillie House for voting during the same time. We want you to decide the winner by giving a “Like” to your favorite photo! The photo with the most “Likes” on December 21 at noon is the winner!
CONTEST DETAILS & RULES:
• While we appreciate and admire professional photographic skills. This contest is open to everyone no matter their skill level. Watermarked photos will not be accepted.
• By entering this contest and submitting your photos, you grant the City of Merritt permission to use them in promotional material and publish them on our website, newsletters and social media; respectfully and responsibly of course.
• Photos can be entered once; repeat submissions will be disregarded. Individuals may enter as may different photos as they like.
• Contest runs November 21, 2016 to December 14, 2016. Facebook voting for contest winner takes place over the next week from December 14- 21.
If you are heading down to Vancouver or Victoria, remember to check in with our friends at the Provincial Visitors Centre for discounted tickets on attractions! They sell discounted tickets to: the Vancouver Aquarium, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver Lookout, Victoria Butterfly Gardens, and Victoria Ferry tickets. Saves you time and money!