Father’s Day is Sunday June 17th 2018.
Looking for something exciting to do with your dad this upcoming Father's Day weekend? Always a good option is to head out and grab a bit to eat together or take a stroll and enjoy the beautiful Nicola Valley weather. There are many ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Merritt and no matter what you end up doing for Father’s Day the best thing is to spend time together.
Below are a few suggestions of things for you and your father to enjoy this upcoming Father’s Day in Merritt BC.
- Kentucky Alleyne Lake Fathers Day Fishing Derby
- All are welcome to attend this free Fishing Derby and BBQ at the West Pond between Kentucky and Alleyne Lakes on June 17, 9:00am - 2:00pm. For more info visit www.nvfishandgameclub.ca.
- Spend the Weekend at a Local Recreation Site
- With a large variety of recreation sites and trails in the beautiful Nicola Valley, Father's Day weekend is one of the best weekends to discover a new recreation site or continue to visit one with fond memories. For a full list of recreation sites in the Nicola Valley visit www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/search/search-location-summary.aspx?districtCode=RDCS (scroll down to the Merritt section).
- North West Mud Racing Association's Annual Merritt Mud Drags - June 16th and 17th
- If dragsters and mud bogging is more your style check out the North West Mud Racing Association's annual event with races starting Saturday at 2:00 pm and Sunday at noon. Check them out at www.nwmra.com.
- Country Music Legends Mural Stroll
- Grab a beverage along with a copy of the new 2018 Merritt and Nicola Valley Visitor Guide to explore some of the maps such as: the Merritt Walk of Stars and Murals, City of Merritt Walking Routes, and Merritt Heritage Walking Tour. An online copy of the 2018 Merritt and Nicola Valley Visitor Guide can be found at http://tourismmerritt.ca/
Photo Courtesy Debbie Sahara